We are really pleased to be able to share with you that as of the 1st July we received confirmation from the Government that we are now able go ahead with our plans to run during the summer.
We can’t wait to see all of your children and young people and have been getting creative with our plans for summer, including bringing you brand new social stories with video tours of each of the venues! We are also working on lots of fun in venue activities and games that are suitable given the current situation.
As you know, your child’s safety, health and well-being and that of the staff team is our absolute priority. We are carefully following the government guidance so that this summer, children and young people can have some much needed fun, and you can have a break.
However unfortunately as expected, COVID and its safety measures means the places at these schemes are extremely limited. We do really wish that we were able to offer more sessions and understand that you are likely to feel disappointed by this.
Dates: Monday 3rd August to Friday 28th August
Brighton & Hove: 2 full days
West Sussex: 1 full day
Confirmation of Dates
We will confirm dates the week beginning 20th July.
Due to the current situation we are unable to offer any trips or workshops. Instead we have been coming up with fun and creative ideas to keep your child and young person entertained during scheme. We are already looking into providing sensory play tubs for each child or young person!
Our Safety Measures
- Asking that anyone who is displaying coronavirus symptoms, or who lives with someone who does, not to attend Extratime. That includes children and staff.
- Keeping children, young people and staff in small and consistent ‘bubbles’ of approx. 8.
- Staff will be organised into bubbles so that each team will work with a maximum of two bubbles per week at one scheme.
- Reorganising how we use the space; by making use of outside areas (including marquees where possible), keeping open doors and windows for ventilation.
- Cleaning and hygiene protocols (enhanced regular and ‘high touch area’ cleaning schedules, handwashing, use of PPE by staff)
- Limiting drop off and pick up to one parent carer per household.
- Asking children not to bring toys or other items from home, unless this is essential to their health and well-being.
Please note the deadline to apply for our summer scheme has now passed. If you have any further questions or need more information don’t hesitate to contact us.